Monday 20 February 2012

Fashion Frenzy


To those who know me, and those who do not, they understand that I have an absolute love for fashion. Anything fashion related at all. I do not necessarily wear all fashion trends, or those killer shoes. But I do appreciate the beauty of fashion forward individuals and the remarkable clothing designers produce from thin air.

I do spend a chunk of my day scouring fashion websites and flipping through magazines every single chance I get. A lot of things that I find give me inspiration for putting an outfit together. Sometimes with existing clothing, or by going out to buy a few simple pieces that really add to my wardrobe. 

Like adding a pop of colour.

















One website that I check on an (almost) daily basis is lookbook.nu : collective fashion consciousness.  It was founded in 2008 and is a user-generated gallery that showcases do-it-yourself fashion and photography from men and women all over the world. Trendsetters and amateur designers can connect to other fashion savvy people to inspire others with their creations. There are over 100 million page views in a month and over 725,000 registered members.
Anyone can sign up to make their own page, or just simply browse through the large selection of posts. They even have the ability to search by brands of clothing, category, material, gender, location and country for specific inspiration.

Here is an example of what people post


The website has also partnered up with many clothing brand companies, such as American Apparel and Lacoste, to hold contests for users as well. Because of the heavy traffic the website brings in, this is a great marketing and advertising ploy for companies to showcase their brands.
There is also an interview section where different users answer a series of questions for their viewers to get to know them. It’s great if someone has a specific person they love to follow and can also have their questions answered.

If you are in need of some inspiration for a dressy event, need to pair together certain colours or just need to kill time while browsing the internet then I recommend this website!
I know for the up coming spring season I will be creating my list of “must haves” and bookmarking my favourite looks!


“Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world” – Marilyn Monroe 

5 comments:

  1. What an interesting post Amanda! I first heard about Lookbook in fall of 2010, when I read an essay on the site. Lookbook is certainly a great place for fashion inspiration but I have read that it can a very exclusive community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD YESSSSS http://lookbook.nu/look/3130467-MEOW-we-wear-bow-ties

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is probably one of my favourite fashion websites and I often find myself going on here to get ideas for outfits. But it also makes me want to go shopping haha You should create a page for your own outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This definitely makes me want to shop!

    ReplyDelete